Did You Search “How to Make a Lazy Child Active”?
***This post is not sponsored. The opinions and content of this blog are unique to the writer unless otherwise stated. No compensation is received for the links shared.
You’re not alone. This comes up as one of the top searched keywords pertaining to physical activity and kids.
This is because exercising is often a point of contention among families. Many parents even feel like they are “failing” if they can’t get their child to exercise.
But there are SO many reasons that your child may not want to exercise, that are totally UNRELATED to parenting abilities.
Additionally, in my experience, the true cause usually isn’t that a child is lazy. Instead there is a HIDDEN reason that is holding them back from being active.
Let’s start by discussing WHY YOU THINK your child is lazy.
Is it because….
1. They want you to be there with them 100% of the time?
2. They give up immediately after starting an activity?
3. They are out of breath quickly?
4. They don’t want to play team sports?
5. They won’t turn off the television or video games?
6. They need a lot of encouragement to finish the activity?
7. They complain the whole time?
Guess what…there’s usually a reason behind each of the above. For example:
1. They might be lonely
2. The activity might be too hard
3. They might have low endurance
4. They may be embarrassed in front of other kids
5. They feel safe when playing with screens, or it is the way they relax
6. The activity might be too easy and therefore boring.
7. The activity is not motivating or fun.
This can differ quite drastically depending on each child’s personality and their unique circumstances.
Do you want to figure out the real reason behind YOUR child’s “laziness,” and get them MOVING more?
We can help! Request your FREE lifestyle consult today by filling out this simple form and we will help you figure out why your child doesn’t want to be active.
Did you know we release blogs EVERY week? To get them straight to your email Subscribe here.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Disclaimer: The information provided by OT 4 ME (“we,” “us” or “our”) on theot4me.com (the “Site”) is for general informational purposes only. The Site cannot and does not contain medical advice. Any medical information is provided as my/our personal experiences is not a substitute for professional advice. Accordingly, before taking any actions based upon such information, we encourage you to consult with the appropriate professionals. We do not provide any kind of medical advice. THE USE OR RELIANCE OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Although this blog contains external links WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OFFERED BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES LINKED THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE OR FEATURE LINKED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING.
OT 4 ME
PO Box 273965
Boca Raton, FL 33427